Wondering how to find a LPC Supervisor in Texas?
Click to search or scroll down
Google may have led you here, but the Texas LPC Supervisor Directory™ does the hard work for you. Supervisors provide us with the information; we post it and make it convenient for you to sort and find. Of course we include LMFT Supervisors too.
Who are the Texas LPC Supervisors near me?
Finding a supervisor is harder than just Googling ‘LPC S near me.’ The truth is that searching Google for a supervisor won’t answer questions like, ‘How much do you charge?’ ‘Do you allow virtual supervision?’ and ‘Do you supervise Associates in private practice?’ Plus what you don’t know is lots of directories require supervisors to pay a steep fee for a listing. What you are actually seeing on these paid sites may not be the BEST supervisors, they are just the ones who could pay.
Looking for a Supervisor Who Will Take On Self-Employed Associates?
Who can supervise LPCs in Texas?
At Kate Walker Training, our listings are FREE. We update our listings weekly and categorize them in a useful way. Find your supervisor based on pricing, availability, where they went to school for their counseling degree, and many more categories!
- Our listings are alphabetical.
- All listings are licensed but it’s a good idea to verify through the Texas BHEC license verification system.
- $, $$, and $$$ within each listing indicate approximate price range.
- Information is updated regularly but contact each supervisor directly for more information.
Supervision goals and expectations
LPC and LMFT Supervisors are responsible for providing ongoing training, oversight, and experiences so that supervisees are able to deliver effective and ethical counseling services. In addition, they are gatekeepers for the profession. You’ll find great supervisors are well trained in supervision, not just counseling. They are knowledgeable about the most recent rules too.
A great supervisor will:
- Begin the relationship with a contract based on the most recent rules
- Provide you with a lengthy orientation where you will receive information about what to do in a crisis, how to handle mandated reporting, and what to do if you feel like you are in danger
- Evaluate you formally, at least two to three times during your experience so you ALWAYS know exactly where you stand
- Only see you 50% of the time in a group setting
- Supervise you weekly (LMFT Associate) or four hours monthly (LPC Associate) without fail
- Teach you the rules
- Remediate you if you aren’t doing well on your evaluations
Are you a Supervisor Who Wants to Add or Update Your Listing?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and when we verify your license we can add you to the directory.
I attended University of Houston. I utilize a feminist, queer, anti-racist framework with both clients and supervisees. This means we’ll likely have difficult but necessary discussions around race, culture, privilege, and oppression. My ideal supervisee is open to having these conversations as they impact the supervisee’s personal and professional engagement with their clients. It’s also helpful if you are a member of the LGBTQ+ community and interested in working with clients who are LGBTQ+ and/or have sexual trauma. As these are my specialties, I am able to provide ample resources and support in these areas.
Memberships: Texas Supervisor Coalition Group Member, Member of the Texas Counseling Association, Member of ACA, Kate Walker Training 40 Hour Supervisor Course Graduate, TX-SAIGE (formerly TALGBTIC)
Supervision Modalities: Face to face supervision, Virtual supervision, Online scheduling system, Supervision times before 5:00 PM, Supervision times after 5:00 PM
My Theory and Specialities: Gender and sexual identity; sexual trauma, Person-centered, feminist, existential
Supervision Practice: Weekly, I am flexible
You must be logged in to post a comment.