Welcome to the LPC/LMFT Supervisor 10 Hour Workshop!
If you are interested in a great workshop to refresh your supervisor skills, you have come to the right place. This Workshop takes place in our classroom in The Woodlands, Texas. Worried about travel costs? Attend the live portion of this course via webcam!
8:00 – 10:30 Q and A Orientation to Supervision and roles and responsibilities
10:30 – 12:30 Supervision Ethics: Making a Supervision Plan Including Best Practices for Administrative Tasks and Paperwork
12:30 – 3:00 Role Play and Contract Presentations
3:00 – 6:00 Supervision Ethics: Licensure Code Highlights and Changes
Rest assured ALL of the courses offered through Kate Walker Training are rigorously reviewed and held to the highest standards. We ensure:
- All of our courses are related to the practice of professional counseling.
- All of our courses are delivered and/or designed by fully licensed individuals with the necessary experience and knowledge in the topic(s) presented.
- At the end of each course we provide participants with a mechanism for evaluating each continuing education activity.
- At our live courses we verify attendance.
- We provide participants with a letter or certificate of attendance displaying the licensee’s name, topic covered, date course was taken, and hours of credit earned.
- We keep your record of attendance on file for six years (or more).
- Review supervision contracts in order to revise with the latest licensure law updates
- Explore best practices for supervision including supervision plans and systems
- Investigate the new licensure codes and changes and learn practical tools to update your existing supervision practice
Target Audience of Course
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) and LPC Supervisors (LPC-S)
- Texas Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT) and LMFT Supervisors
- Other Mental Health Professionals (check your state licensing board for CEU credit)
This is an advanced course for licensed mental health providers and licensed mental health supervisors with a master’s or doctoral degree in counseling.
Participants completing this two-hour course will be able to:
- Understand the importance of an updated supervision contract
- Articulate the similarities and differences between the new licensure laws and previous licensure laws
- Incorporate recommended best practices into daily work in a supervision practice
Continuing Education Information
This course provides 10 hours of continuing education
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Training
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Continuing Education
- Texas ethics
LPC §681.141 (d) A licensee holding the supervisor status must complete 6 hours of continuing education in supervision every 2 years.§681.141(c) (1) A licensee must complete at least four hours of continuing education in ethics, two of which must be directly related to Texas LPC ethics, each renewal period.
LMFT §801.143 (h)(1) and §801.263 board-approved supervisor must complete at least 3 hours of clinical supervision continuing education each renewal period. §801.263 All licensees are required to complete 6 hours of ethics each renewal period.
Kate Walker Training LLC provides continuing education for mental health providers. Always check with your licensing board before purchasing a course for CE documentation.
The workshop is currently available in English only. It is delivered via audible narration and visual text.
This Workshop takes place in our classroom in The Woodlands, Texas. Worried about travel costs? Attend the live portion of this course via webcam!
Important: Kate Walker Training workshops must have at least 6 participants one month before the course start date in order to ‘make.’ If Workshop does not have the required number of participants, registered attendees will receive a full refund.
If you are looking for the 40 Hour Supervisor Training click HERE.