My good friend and advisory board member BJ Barksdale has some good advice for the holidays. With her permission, I am publishing her words along with some links to great articles and resources. She uses these resources with her clients and we invite you to please use and share in your own practice!
The Basics from BJ:
- Have an attitude of gratitude.
- Enjoy the process not just the outcome.
- Step away from your phone/computer/TV.
- Take the opportunity to really connect with others.
- Create a “NEW” Holiday Tradition.
- Try something new.
- Volunteer – Giving to others gives a “Sense of Satisfaction”
- Decide upon your priorities and stick to them.
- Stick to a budget.
- Laughter can be very therapeutic.
- 11.Eat sensibly
- Get some sunshine.
- Ask for Help – “Be Specific.”
- Give yourself a break – Plan for some alone time.
Want more great resources? Stay tuned for more info from our advisory board and other super star counselor supervisors and counselor educators!