Please review the Frequently Asked Questions below for the Kate Walker Training – Supervisor Training, CE Courses, Paperwork, Tools or Download issues. If you don’t see a question or answer you are looking for, fill out this form or call us at 832-317-6985 and a REAL PERSON (we don’t hire robots) will get back to you within 24-48 hours.
I’m having technical difficulties. Can you help me?
Of course! Try a different browser first though. If you are using Chrome, try Firefox or Safari. If that doesn’t work, then call our help desk at (832) 317-6985 or use the contact form above and shoot us an email at email@example.com.
I purchased a course/paperwork/tools but I can’t download the material/my download link is not working. How can I get my materials I purchased?
If you purchased paperwork or a toolkit you were given immediate access via a link in the ‘thank you’ screen, or in the purchase confirmation we email to you. We use PDF documents for most of our downloads so you will need to make sure your software is up to date. There can be a couple of reasons the download won’t work. First, try changing your browser. Internet Explorer and Safari might have difficulties. Try Firefox instead. Next, check your spam email. If that doesn’t work, then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and in most cases we can get you the material the same day you purchased.
I’m signed up for a workshop but I’m not getting any emails from you. Have you forgotten about me?
No way! Check your spam/junk email. If you work in a public school or have a government email then we may be getting caught in your spam detectors. Contact us and give us another email address for you.
I purchased a Course/Workshop but I haven’t received a certificate. How can I get my certificate?
If you purchased a course and did not receive a certificate, ask yourself the following questions:
- Did I pass the course exams?
- Did I complete the workshop? If your course was a workshop then we may email you your certificate. We will also keep one for our records. Unfortunately you may not be able to see workshop certificates under your Kate Walker Training profile.
- See the FAQ about email above.
If those steps don’t help then contact us and we will troubleshoot with you.
I purchased a workshop but it does not appear in my profile/I didn’t receive a confirmation. Did I purchase it or not?
Workshops may not appear in your profile but your confirmation email should indicate that the purchase was made and completed. If you don’t have the email confirmation check your spam folder or send us an email so we can send you confirmation.
I am a Certified Counselor Supervisor and I want to join the Certified Supervisor Instructor Membership so I can teach my own 40 hour training. Do I have to give up my membership?
Yes. Unfortunately you can’t have two memberships at the same time and so when you are ready to upgrade to CSI membership you’ll need to give up the CCS membership.
How can I change my membership?
- Log in to your membership account.
- From your My Account page, click the link to “Change Membership Level”.
- The following screen will show you an overview of our available membership levels with links to upgrade or downgrade.
- After you select a new membership level, you will be directed to a checkout page in order to complete your membership subscription.
- Your previous subscription payment will be canceled and a new subscription payment will be created. Your increased or decreased access will not be confirmed until a successful subscription payment has been received for your new membership level.
Can I switch back and forth between memberships?
You can’t have two memberships at the same time and if you decide to switch back and forth you’ll need to pay the initial fee again, even if we waived it the first time.
I don’t see the discounts you talked about in your welcome email
Let’s trouble shoot.
- Are you logged in?
- Are you logged in with the same email you used to purchase your membership and register with Kate Walker Training?
- Are you purchasing a course? Check your email and make sure you have your purchase code. Some courses require a code number you will enter at checkout to see the discount.
- Are you purchasing an archived course? We don’t discount archived courses and we don’t encourage you to purchase them because they are not updated regularly. Email us and we can verify your membership and re-email your code.
I want to switch from in-person to webcam. Can I do that?
Absolutely. You’ll need to mail your set up fee to Kate Walker 9595 Six Pines Drive Suite 8210 The Woodlands, TX 77380. Let us know what you decide and we’ll get you set up. A few days before the first day of class we will send you a Zoom invitation. Please make sure your technology works ahead of that time.
Online Courses and Quizzes
I am a LMFT/LPC in Texas can I take all of my continuing education courses online?
Yep you sure can. Limits on technology for CEs were removed in 2019 for both licenses.
I notice that you recommend that I check with my licensing boards before taking your course for CE credit. Aren’t you an approved provider?
We recommend you check with your licensing boards before you take ANY courses for approved CE credit. In Texas, the approved provider issue depends on your license. In 2019 both the LPC and LMFT boards eliminated the approved CE provider designation. At Kate Walker Training we can assure you that our courses and our delivery best practices meet the criteria for best practices for LPC and LMFT licenses. Your completion certificate will indicate the number of CE hours per topic, your name, the name of the course, and the date you complete the course.
I really did answer the 2 missed questions on my quiz, which means I really did pass the test with only 2 wrong answers. Can this be fixed/changed on your end?
We can’t change any answers but we can login to your account and re-set your quiz.
I purchased an online course that must be completed in 90 days. I realize now I just don’t have time. Can I get a refund?
Unfortunately no. Our online courses are non-refundable because the material is considered to be ‘consumed’ as soon as you purchase it.
I just noticed that the certificates for the quizzes/course I took say my practice/user name instead of my actual name. How do I change my settings so I can submit my certificate for CE documentation?
Not a problem. Go to your Profile Settings and see what you selected as your ‘public’ name. Whatever you select here goes on your certificate.
I am taking the Supervisory Relationship and Counselor Development course and I am unable to access the 20 question quiz at the end. When I click it no questions appear, just the option to return to the previous module 4. Help!
This can happen for a couple of reasons. First, try switching browsers. Then make sure you click the ‘Complete’ button when you finish each module.
Finally, try clicking the Re-Take button. Send us an email and we’ll get you going again!
It has been 89 days and I don’t think I’m going to finish the 40 Hour Supervisor Training within the 90 day time limit! What happens if I don’t?
That may be complicated. According to Texas LPC 681.147 (2)you have 90 days to complete the course requirements. If you are LMFT we may be able to extend the time for another 90 days. We start the clock when you purchase the course so if you are a LPC we cannot extend the time.
If you do not finish the course, we will email you certificates for the portions of the training you were able to complete. These certificates will not become part of your profile, but we will keep them for five years or longer.
If I don’t finish the 40 hour training, do I just retake the course?
Unfortunately no. If you don’t finish we require that you wait ninety days from the day your course ended before we allow you to re-purchase and retake each module of the 40 hour training course.
If I don’t finish the 40 hour training, I have to re-purchase the course? That doesn’t seem fair.
Online learning isn’t for everyone. Also there are LOTS of great 40 hour trainings out there. While we think ours is the best, if you were unable to finish our course we highly encourage you to choose a different course to re-take.
I turned everything in on day 89. If my instructor takes too long to check my work can I get an extension/refund/discount?
No. Instructors have up to 5 days per assignment to check your work so we recommend you turn in your last assignment no less than 10 days before your completion date.
I notice that one of the lessons in this forty-hour training is one I completed earlier this year. I have the certificate; do I have to take the lesson again?
Yes. You must show that you completed all lessons, quizzes, and assignments in the 40 Hour training within 90 days. The ones you took earlier in the year are outside of that time frame.
I purchased a workshop but I have a schedule conflict with the day it is offered. Can I get a full refund?
Unfortunately no. We reserve classroom space based on the number of paid registrations we have. If you change your mind and decide to continue online AFTER you have purchased the workshop, we can only refund $50 (1/2 of your classroom registration fee). If you change your mind the week the course begins or after the first classroom day, we cannot give you a refund at all.
Can I work with you one-on-one or reach out to you directly?
- I have a Kate Walker Training Facebook Page where you can see my latest posts, current info, and even post questions yourself.
- If you are a Texas LPC or LMFT supervisor, Ph.D. counselor educator, or 40 hour supervisor training course graduate you can request to join Texas Supervisor Training. This growing group is filled with experienced supervisors and counselor educators posting questions, answers, and timely topics.
- Monthly consultation groups for supervisors are only $20 ($25 if you want to attend virtually) and we have two locations. They are a GREAT way to connect with your colleagues and discover new information!
- Finally, you can purchase a one hour consultation by clicking here. Just fill out the paperwork so I have an agenda and we can get right down to business. Meet me at a location of your choice or virtually via webcam. I’d love to talk with you!
I know you are also a licensed professional counselor and marriage and family therapist. If I have personal issues can you give me therapy?
No, I will be your mentor only. I recommend if you have issues beyond the scope of our mentoring relationship that you seek professional counseling. There are associations like the American Counseling Association and the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy that can direct you to someone licensed in your area.
FAQ FOR COUNSELORS
How do you become a licensed counselor?
It depends on the type of license, the type of counselor, what state you live in and a few other factors. I’ve got answers in my new book “My Next Steps: Create a Counseling Career You’ll Love.” Not only is it helpful information, it links to a resource page that I update regularly with information about Texas licensure.
How often do you offer live events and courses like the 40 Hour LPC/LMFT Supervisor Training and Complete Supervisor Refresher Courses?
We will put our live workshop schedule out in our email. Sign up for our email list!
Can I take the 40 hour training completely online? I thought there were rules about that saying you can’t do that.
The limits on CEs via technology were removed from both the LPC and LMFT licenses in 2019. Our 40 hour training is now completely online.
I am interested in taking one of your workshops via web cam. What if my camera doesn’t work?
Great question! Many licensing boards aren’t clear about how to categorize courses you attend live via web cam. We use the **NBCC definition of Live Event which offers specific guidelines that we follow:
- Live Event Delivery Format: Real-time, interactive programs either delivered in person or by electronic devices that permit the participant to interact with the presenter(s)
- In order to award a certificate the Provider (Kate Walker Training) must ensure that the participant attended the live program, and was present for the number of hours indicated on the certificate or letter of completion, …. attendance of participants at live programs must be verified by an accurate, verifiable method (you must be facing your camera and interacting with the class at all times).
The certificate you receive from Kate Walker Training following your successful completion of one of our Live Events/Courses will indicate the topics covered and the number of hours received. It will not indicate ‘web-based’ or ‘online.’
For more information, please contact your licensing board or favorite attorney.
**Use of the NBCC guidelines does not imply that courses may be used for NBCC credit. Participants are urged to check with their licensing boards before taking any course for continuing education credit.
How long has Dr. Walker been doing the Supervisor Training?
Dr. Walker began teaching the courses alongside her mentor Dr. Judy DeTrude since 2007. After Dr. DeTrude retired in 2015, Kate continued teaching the courses. In January 2019 we were proud to graduate Cohort 36!
What are Dr. Walker’s credentials?
Dr. Walker holds a Ph.D. in Counselor Education from Sam Houston State University and is a licensed professional counselor supervisor and licensed marriage and family therapist supervisor in Texas. Her MA in counseling is from Sam Houston State University. She also holds an all-level teaching certificate and received her Bachelor of Music in 1989 from The University of Texas at Austin. For more about Dr. Walker click here.
Are you hiring? Taking on new interns?
When we hire we post openings on sites like Monster (just an example not an endorsement). Thanks for asking though!