2019 Theories of Counseling and Supervision
Welcome to Kate Walker Training Home Study Courses
If you are interested in learning more about theories of counseling and supervision, you have come to the right place. Much of the content for this three-hour course is FREE and open source. You will watch videos, search the internet, read textbook chapters, and take short surveys.
Rest assured ALL of the courses offered through Kate Walker Training are rigorously reviewed and held to the highest standards. We ensure:
- All of our courses are related to the practice of professional counseling.
- All of our courses are delivered and/or designed by fully licensed individuals with the necessary experience and knowledge in the topic(s) presented.
- At the end of each course we provide participants with a mechanism for evaluating each continuing education activity.
- At our live courses we verify attendance.
- We provide participants with a letter or certificate of attendance displaying the licensee’s name, topic covered, date course was taken, and hours of credit earned.
- We keep your record of attendance on file for six years (or more).
- Review counseling theories
- Explore different theories of counselor supervision
- Identify methods for processing counselor development (for more information on counselor development check out Developmental Models of Supervision and ACES Best Practices) through theory-based supervision activities
- Help participant articulate a personal model/theory of counseling and supervision
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) and LPC Supervisors (LPC-S)
- Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT) and LMFT Supervisors
- Other Mental Health Professionals (check your state licensing board for CEU credit).
This is an advanced course for licensed mental health providers and licensed mental health supervisors with a master’s or doctoral degree in counseling.
Participants completing this three-hour course will:
- Understand the basic tenants of psychodynamic, CBT, client-centered, family systems, and constructivist theories of counseling and supervision.
- Differentiate between supervision theories and counseling theories.
- Choose and implement supervision interventions based on a theory, trainee development, and specific trainee needs.
- Feel confident applying and teaching various counseling theories to supervisor trainees and interns.
Continuing Education Information
If you need documentation for continuing education, then you will need to purchase this course to access the online quiz. If you pass the twenty question quiz with 70% or better you will be able to download the certificate. You can only re-take the course and quiz once, so prepare carefully.
This course provides three hours of continuing education in a home study format. Home study course hours are calculated via written text (6000 words = one hour) and video (one hour = one hour).
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Training
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Continuing Education
*Texas LPC §681.147 (3) 40-Clock-Hour Supervisor Training Course supervisory relationship and counselor development for at least three clock-hours 681.141 (d) A licensee holding the supervisor status must complete 6 hours of continuing education in supervision every 2 years. 681.141 (c) (1)at least four hours of continuing education in ethics, two of which must be directly related to Texas LPC ethics, each renewal period
*Texas LMFT §801.143 (a)(1)(b) Supervisor Requirements a 40-hour continuing education course in clinical supervision §801.143 (h)(1) and§801.263board-approved supervisor must complete at least 3 hours of clinical supervision continuing education each renewal period. §801.263 All licensees are required to complete 6 hours of ethics each renewal period.
Kate Walker Training LLC provides continuing education for mental health providers. Always check with your licensing board before purchasing a course for CE documentation.
The online training is currently available in English only. It is delivered via audible narration and visual text.
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 1
- Duration You have 90 days to complete this course
- Skill level Advanced
- Language English
- Students 27
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self