2019 Texas 40 Hour LPC LMFT Supervisor Training Extended Time
Congratulations on taking the next step in your counseling career!
This two-part training does more than just fulfill the educational component to become a LPC or LMFT supervisor in Texas. Kate Walker Training includes steps to create an orientation for critical incidents, code reviews with the latest updates, and lifetime membership to an elite group of counselor educators and practicing professionals. Our 40 Hour Supervisor Training offers you lots of flexibility to work with any schedule or budget.
The course is divided into two parts and you must complete Part 1 and Part 2. Watch the video above and Dr. Walker will explain how the course is structured.
Click ‘Buy this Course’ and you will immediately gain access to:
Part 1: 20 Hours Online and Outside Assignments
- The Supervisory Relationship and Counselor Development
- Theories of Counseling and Supervision
- Developmental Models of Supervision and ACES Best Practices
- Ethical and Legal Issues: Technology and ACA Best Practices
- HIPAA and FERPA Privacy and Security Training for Counselors
- Create a supervision contract
- Create a role-play of a supervision session
Part 2: 20 Hours Completely Online (no extra cost)
Is your schedule too tight to accommodate face to face? This course includes Part Two completely online. Your assignments include:
- Two video presentations of you presenting:
- your supervision contract
- your role-play with one other person
- Three approx. 2.5 pages reflection papers (no citations, references or special formatting, just your thoughts)
If you would prefer to take the 40 hour training in person SEPT 26-27, 2019 or JANUARY 23-24, 2020 in The Woodlands, Texas
Click ‘Buy this Course’ and you will immediately gain access to the 40 Hour LPC LMFT Supervisor Training Starting Line where you can purchase your workshop ticket for $200 (additional $50 set up fee for webcam). Here is the workshop schedule:
8:00 – 10:00 Orientation to Supervision and Codes of Ethics
10:00 – 1:00 Conceptualizing Supervision: Making a Supervision Plan Including Best Practices for Administrative Tasks and Paperwork
1:00 – 3:00 Process outside assignments
3:00 – 6:00 The Multiculturally Competent Supervisor/Evaluation and Remediation
8:00 – 9:00 Orientation to Supervision and Codes of Ethics
9:00 – 12:00 LPC/LMFT Codes Side by Side Supervision Ethics
12:00 – 3:00 Process outside assignments
3:00 – 6:00 Managing Critical Incidents
FAQ before you buy:
Q: I notice that one of the lessons in this forty-hour training is one I completed earlier this year. I have the certificate; do I have to take the lesson again?
A: Yes. You must show that you completed all lessons, quizzes, and assignments in the 40 Hour training within 90 days. The ones you took earlier in the year are outside of that time frame.
Q: I have ben a fully licensed LPC for three years. I can be a supervisor right?
A: No. LPC rules allow you to submit your paperwork for the supervisor designation after you have been licensed for five years. Only take this course if upon completion you can say either:
- I have been licensed five years
- I have been licensed three years and I will submit my certificate in two years
Q: So this course is good for two years?
Q: I am a LMFT can I take this course?
A: Of course! However if you choose the “Part 2 Completely Online” option you will need to check with your licensing board to see if they will accept this course in a completely online format.
Q: It has been 89 days and I don’t think I’m going to finish in time! What happens if I don’t?
A: That may be complicated. According to Texas LPC 681.147 (2)you have 90 days to complete the course requirements. If you are LMFT we may be able to extend the time for another 90 days. We start the clock when you purchase the course so if you are a LPC we cannot extend the time.
Q: I turned everything in on day 89. If my instructor takes too long to check my work can I get an extension/refund/discount?
A: No. Instructors have up to 5 days per assignment to check your work so we recommend you turn in your last assignment no less than 10 days before your completion date.
Q: I purchased the course and I realize now I just don’t have time. Can I get a refund?
A: Unfortunately no. This course is non-refundable because the material is considered to be ‘consumed’ as soon as you purchase it.
Q: I decided to take Part 2 Workshop and I’ve finished the course. When I log in I don’t see my certificate. Where is it?
A: Your instructor will go through your course and verify that you attended and completed all of your assignments. You should see your certificate within 5 business days.
Q: I thought I just wanted to do Part 2 online, but I’ve changed my mind. I want some classroom interaction and a real instructor! Can I purchase Part 2 Workshop now?
A: Sure. Just make sure we offer a Part 2 Workshop within your 90 day completion time. Also remember that you will pay $200 more to take Part 2 “Face to Face Classroom” (plus $50 if you choose to attend via webcam).
Q: I purchased Part 2 Workshop but now I want to continue online. Can I get a full refund?
A: Unfortunately no. We reserve classroom space based on the number of paid registrations we have. If you change your mind and decide to continue online AFTER you have purchased the face to face course, we can only refund $100 (1/2 of your classroom registration fee). If you change your mind the week the course begins or after the first classroom day, we cannot give you a refund at all.
Continuing Education Information
This course provides forty hours of continuing education and includes
- 40 Hours Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Training
- 15 Hours Texas LPC/LMFT Ethics
Hours are calculated via written text (6000 words = one hour) and video (one hour = one hour).
Kate Walker Training LLC provides continuing education for mental health providers. Always check with your licensing board before purchasing a course for CE documentation.
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Training
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Continuing Education
- Texas Ethics
This course is currently available in English only. It is delivered via audible narration and visual text.
Worried about quality? Rest assured ALL of the courses offered through Kate Walker Training are rigorously reviewed and held to the highest standards. We ensure:
- All of our courses are related to the practice of professional counseling.
- All of our courses are delivered and/or designed by fully licensed individuals with the necessary experience and knowledge in the topic(s) presented.
- At the end of each course we provide participants with a mechanism for evaluating each continuing education activity.
- At our live courses we verify attendance.
- We provide participants with a letter or certificate of attendance displaying the licensee’s name, topic covered, date course was taken, and hours of credit earned.
- We keep your record of attendance on file for six years (or more).
Important for Texas LPC: This course was audited and approved by the Texas LPC Board in 2016. In accordance with Texas LPC 681.93 (c) (2) you have 90 days to complete the course requirements. Please note the following:
- Once we receive your registration and payment for this course, any KWT online exams you have previously taken and passed that are required for this course must be retaken and passed to meet the requirements for this course.
- The 90-day time period begins with your purchase of this course.
- Whether you choose to complete Part 2 online or face to face, you must finish by the 90th day following the purchase of this course.
Five Reasons Why We Are Simply the Best Providers of Counselor Continuing Education
This course was very thorough while also allowing for interactive feedback. Dr. Walker is incredibly informed and has a great way of disseminating all that is needed to equip and empower supervisors. – Jenny Deitz, LMFT Cohort 32
1. We offer more support after the course than any other training program in Texas.
- FREE lifetime admission into a closed online community of licensed supervisors and counselor educators where we share tips, practical experiences, helpful forms, important changes to LPC and LMFT law, and more
- Lifetime access to your certificate and materials from your training through a secure login
- Complimentary Supervisor Toolkit containing sample supervision contracts, remediation plans, and hours logs reflecting the latest LPC/LMFT board rules
Your Supervisor Training was more than just another training. The information, useful resources provided, and application exercises have equipped me such that I have very few questions about my role as a LPC Supervisor. Additionally, the comfortable and collaborative teaching style made the course enjoyable. Your willingness to help and support clearly extends beyond the last training day and I feel comfortable knowing that I can access you as a resource in the future. Thanks again for a fantastic training! – Mike Cunyus MH Program Director at the Burke Center, [Cohort 23 July 2015]
2. Instruction is created and monitored by LPC and LMFT Supervisors or Ph.D. counselor educators.
Our curriculum was developed by
Dr. Judy DeTrude, Ph.D., LPC-S, LMFT-S, retired professor of counselor education and former director of the doctoral program in counselor education at Sam Houston State University
Dr. Kate Walker, Ph.D., LPC-S, LMFT-S, LPC Board Liaison for Texas Association of Counselor Education and Supervision (TACES), 2015-2016 TACES President, Director of Clinical Supervision at the University of Houston, Victoria, Clinical Director of achievebalance.org and non-profit counselor training/community clinic Ann’s Place.
- This comprehensive course is constantly updated and reflects the latest decisions and updates from the LPC and LMFT boards.
- Instructors and developers are not just counselor educators, they are practicing clinicians and supervisors. Our goal is for you to be able to apply what you learn in your work as soon as you get your supervisor designation added to your license.
Kate this course was the poster child for how training should be done! – Jennifer Leslie van Blarcom Director Enriching Counseling Services [Cohort 23 July 2015]
3. Home study means you spend less time away from your clients and less money on your stay.
The mix of online and class time learning was great. Dr. Kate Walker offers an excellent Supervisor Training course. It is clear she has a wealth of experience as a counselor, supervisor, and teacher. She created a collaborative learning environment, provided us with tons of great information, and shared her best tips and secrets. I highly recommend Kate Walker Training. – Chris Stravitsch, DMin, LPC, LMFT, Rejoice Counseling Apostolate Chohort 32
4. We keep things PRACTICAL
Kate Walker Training courses don’t just provide you with the latest information and research, they give you practical information. If we don’t give you tools to do YOUR job, then we haven’t done OUR job.
5. Participants consistently rate our course content, our delivery techniques, and our instructors, five out of five (on a scale where five is highly recommend and zero is not likely to recommend) on the following six criteria:
I loved that it was a smaller class size that allowed for a lot of discussion and sharing. I loved how knowledgeable and approachable Kate Walker was. – Shannon Deitch, LPC Cohort 32
- The workshop and the material presented were well organized
- The workshop topic and the advertised issues were well covered
- The content of this workshop is relevant to my needs
- The length of this workshop was appropriate
- The instructor(s) were knowledgeable about tlie subject matter
- The instructional techniques were appropriate.
The online training is currently available in English only. It is delivered via audible narration and visual text.
- Lectures 30
- Quizzes 8
- Duration 40 Hours
- Skill level Advanced
- Language English
- Students 3
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Introduction to Part 1
Not sure if you want to take this training face to face or completely online? What to know exactly what is in the course? Take a peek and start here.
Developmental Models and ACES Best Practices - 3 Hours
- 40 Hour Training: Developmental Model and ACES Best Practices Module 1 ET
- 40 Hour Training: Developmental Models and ACES Best Practices Module 2 ET
- 40 Hour Training: Developmental Models and ACES Best Practices Module 3 ET
- 40 Hour Training: Developmental Models and ACES Best Practices Module 4 Working With Interns ET
- 20 Questions for 40 Hour Training Home Study: Developmental Models and ACES Best Practices 2019 ET
HIPAA and FERPA Privacy and Security Training for Counselors - 2 Hours
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: HIPAA and FERPA Privacy and Security Training for Counselors Module 1 ET
- 40 Hour Training HIPAA and FERPA Privacy and Security Training for Counselors Module 2 ET
- 40 Hour Training Home Study: HIPAA and FERPA Privacy and Security Training for Counselors Module 3 ET
- 15 Questions for 40 Hour Home Study: HIPAA and FERPA Privacy and Security Training for Counselors 2019 ET
Ethical and Legal Issues: Technology and ACA Best Practices - 3 Hours
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: Technology and ACA Best Practices Module 1 ET
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: Technology and ACA Best Practices Module 2 ET
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: Technology and ACA Best Practices Module 3 ET
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: Technology and ACA Best Practices Module 4 ET
- 20 Questions for 40 Hour Home Study: Ethical and Legal Issues Technology and ACA Best Practices 2019 ET
The Supervisory Relationship and Counselor Development - 3 Hours
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: Supervisory Relationship and Counselor Development Module 1 ET
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: Supervisory Relationship and Counselor Development Module 2 ET
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: Supervisory Relationship and Counselor Development Module 3 ET
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: Supervisory Relationship and Counselor Development Module 4 ET
- 20 Questions for 40 Hour Supervisor Training Home Study: Supervisory Relationship and Counselor Development 2019 ET
Theories of Counseling and Supervision - 3 Hours
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: Theories of Counseling and Supervision Module 1 ET
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: Theories of Counseling and Supervision Module 2 ET
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: Theories of Counseling and Supervision Module 3 ET
- 40 Hour Supervisor Training: Theories of Counseling and Supervision Module 4 Working With Interns ET
- 20 Questions for 40 Hour Supervisor Training Home Study Theories 2019 ET
Create a Role Play - 3 Hours
Create a Supervision Contract - 3 Hours
Online: Present Your Supervision Contract - 2.5 Hours
Online: Present Your Role Play - 2.5 Hours
Online: Reflection Papers - 15 Hours
Compares to: Intro to Supervision Ethics: Best Practices for Administrative Tasks and Paperwork, Conceptualizing Supervision: Making a Supervision Plan, Multiculturally Competent Supervisor, Evaluation and Remediation , LPC/LMFT Codes Side by Side and Managing Critical Incidents