2019 The Supervisory Relationship and Counselor Development
Welcome to Kate Walker Training Online Courses!
If you are interested in learning more about counseling supervision and how relationship affects intern development, you have come to the right place. Much of the content for this three-hour course is FREE and open source. You will watch videos, search the internet, read textbook chapters, and take short surveys.
Rest assured ALL of the courses offered through Kate Walker Training are rigorously reviewed and held to the highest standards. We ensure:
- All of our courses are related to the practice of professional counseling.
- All of our courses are delivered and/or designed by fully licensed individuals with the necessary experience and knowledge in the topic(s) presented.
- At the end of each course we provide participants with a mechanism for evaluating each continuing education activity.
- At our live courses we verify attendance.
- We provide participants with a letter or certificate of attendance displaying the licensee’s name, topic covered, date course was taken, and hours of credit earned.
- We keep your record of attendance on file for six years (or more).
- Identify key elements impacting the supervisory relationship
- Understand the impact of the supervisory relationship on counselor development
- Familiarize themselves with roles (teacher, counselor, and consultant)
- Understand the dynamics of the supervisory dyad and triad
- Understand the need to adjust the role of the supervisor based upon the level of counselor development (for more on developmental models check out Developmental Models and ACES Best Practices).
- Explore factors that lead to supervisee resistance and identify methods for managing different kinds of supervisee resistance.
- Explain the fundamentals of a remediation plan.
Target Audience of Course
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) and LPC Supervisors (LPC-S)
- Texas Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT) and LMFT Supervisors
- Other Mental Health Professionals (check your state licensing board for CEU credit).
This is an advanced course for licensed mental health providers and licensed mental health supervisors with a master’s or doctoral degree in counseling.
Participants completing this three-hour course will be able to:
- Understand the elements impacting the supervisory relationship.
- Frame supervisory behavior in light of several factors including phases of the relationship, the supervision contract, and the supervisory dyad and triad.
- Build a relationship with a supervisee that fosters trust and openness.
- Understand the factors that lead to supervisee resistance.
- Intervene with a resistant supervisee while being mindful of the relationship.
- Develop several different interventions based on the type of supervisee behavior, goals of the behavior, and goals of supervision.
Continuing Education Information
If you need documentation for continuing education, then you will need to purchase this course to access the online quiz. If you pass the quiz with 70% or better you will be able to download the certificate. You can only re-take the course and quiz once, so prepare carefully.
Hours are calculated via written text (6000 words = one hour) and video (one hour = one hour). This course provides three hours of continuing education in a home study format.
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Training
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Continuing Education
Texas LPC §681.147 (3) 40-Clock-Hour Supervisor Training Course supervisory relationship and counselor development for at least three clock-hours 681.141 (d) A licensee holding the supervisor status must complete 6 hours of continuing education in supervision every 2 years. 681.141 (c) (1)at least four hours of continuing education in ethics, two of which must be directly related to Texas LPC ethics, each renewal period
Texas LMFT §801.143 (a)(1)(b) Supervisor Requirements a 40-hour continuing education course in clinical supervision§801.143 (h)(1) and §801.263 board-approved supervisor must complete at least 3 hours of clinical supervision continuing education each renewal period.§801.263 All licensees are required to complete 6 hours of ethics each renewal period.
Kate Walker Training LLC provides continuing education for mental health providers. Always check with your licensing board before purchasing a course for CE documentation.
The online training is currently available in English only. It is delivered via audible narration and visual text.
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 1
- Duration You have 90 days to complete this course
- Skill level Advanced
- Language English
- Students 33
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
The Supervisory Relationship and Counselor Development