Ethical and Legal Issues: Technology and ACA Best Practices
Welcome to Kate Walker Training Online Courses!
If you are interested in learning more about counselor supervision, technology, and ACA best practices, you have come to the right place. Much of the content for this three-hour course is FREE and open source. You will watch videos, search the internet, read textbook chapters, and take short surveys.
Rest assured ALL of the courses offered through Kate Walker Training are rigorously reviewed and held to the highest standards. We ensure:
- All of our courses are related to the practice of professional counseling.
- All of our courses are delivered and/or designed by fully licensed individuals with the necessary experience and knowledge in the topic(s) presented.
- At the end of each course we provide participants with a mechanism for evaluating each continuing education activity.
- At our live courses we verify attendance.
- We provide participants with a letter or certificate of attendance displaying the licensee’s name, topic covered, date course was taken, and hours of credit earned.
- We keep your record of attendance on file for six years (or more).
- Provide a basic overview of the of the latest version (2014) of the ACA Code of Ethics regarding the use of technology in supervision.
- Review the key areas that define competent clinical supervision using technology.
- Create an awareness of ethical issues specific to supervising interns who are using technology with clients.
Target Audience of Course
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) and LPC Supervisors (LPC-S)
- Texas Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT) and LMFT Supervisors
- Other Mental Health Professionals (check your state licensing board for CEU credit)
This is an advanced course for licensed mental health providers and licensed mental health supervisors with a master’s or doctoral degree in counseling.
Participants completing this three-hour course will be able to:
- Understand the qualities that define ethical clinical supervision using technology.
- Understand how to choose and implement technology-based supervision interventions based on knowledge of the supervisee’s needs.
- Mitigate potential ethical issues related to interns utilizing technology with clients.
Continuing Education Information
If you need documentation for continuing education, then you will need to purchase this course to access the online quiz. If you pass the quiz with 70% or better you will be able to download the certificate. You can only re-take the course and quiz once, so prepare carefully.
This course provides three hours of continuing education in a home study format. Home study course hours are calculated via written text (6000 words = one hour) and video (one hour = one hour).
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Training
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Continuing Education
Texas LPC §681.147 (3) 40-Clock-Hour Supervisor Training Course three (3) clock-hours for defining and conceptualizing supervision and models of supervision; LPC 681.141 (d) A licensee holding the supervisor status must complete 6 hours of continuing education in supervision every 2 years.
Texas LMFT §801.143 (a)(1)(b) Supervisor Requirements a 40-hour continuing education course in clinical supervision§801.143 (h)(1) and §801.263 board-approved supervisor must complete at least 3 hours of clinical supervision continuing education each renewal period.
Kate Walker Training LLC provides continuing education for mental health providers. Always check with your licensing board before purchasing a course for CE documentation.
The online training is currently available in English only. It is delivered via audible narration and visual text.
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 1
- Duration You have 90 days to complete this course
- Skill level Advanced
- Language English
- Students 18
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self