Developmental Models of Supervision and ACES Best Practices
Welcome to Kate Walker Training Online Courses!
If you are interested in learning more about counseling supervision and how to view intern progress through a developmental model and ACES best practices, you have come to the right place. Much of the content for this three-hour course is FREE and open source. You will watch videos, search the internet, read textbook chapters, and take short surveys.
Rest assured ALL of the courses offered through Kate Walker Training are rigorously reviewed and held to the highest standards. We ensure:
- All of our courses are related to the practice of professional counseling.
- All of our courses are delivered and/or designed by fully licensed individuals with the necessary experience and knowledge in the topic(s) presented.
- At the end of each course we provide participants with a mechanism for evaluating each continuing education activity.
- At our live courses we verify attendance.
- We provide participants with a letter or certificate of attendance displaying the licensee’s name, topic covered, date course was taken, and hours of credit earned.
- We keep your record of attendance on file for six years (or more).
- Review psychotherapy-based models (for more thorough instruction on psychotherapy theories see the Kate Walker Training course Theories of Counseling and Supervision)
- Outline Integrative Supervision
- Introduce developmental models of supervision
- Blueprint for Developmental Supervision
by Haynes, Corey and Moulton
- Discrimination Model by Bernard
- Systems Approach (SAS) by Halloway
- Integrated Developmental Model by Stoltenberg, McNeill, and Delworth
- Blueprint for Developmental Supervision
- Explore ACES Best Practices and developmentally appropriate supervision
Target Audience of Course
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) and LPC Supervisors (LPC-S)
- Texas Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT) and LMFT Supervisors
- Other Mental Health Professionals (check your state licensing board for CEU credit)
This is an advanced course for licensed mental health providers and licensed mental health supervisors with a master’s or doctoral degree in counseling.
Participants completing this three-hour course will be able to:
- Understand the need for a conceptual model to guide the work of supervision (i.e. Bernard’s Discrimination Model, Integrated Developmental Model, etc.)
- Articulate the similarities and differences among different supervision models
- Integrate and apply supervision models based on supervisee need and development
- Incorporate ACES best practices into developmentally appropriate supervision
Continuing Education Information
If you need documentation for continuing education, then you will need to purchase this course to access the online quiz. If you pass the quiz with 70% or better you will be able to download the certificate. You can only re-take the course and quiz once, so prepare carefully.
This course provides three hours of continuing education in a home study format. Home study course hours are calculated via written text (6000 words = one hour) and video (one hour = one hour).
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Training
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Continuing Education
You may download your certificate for your records upon successful completion of the course and exam. Keep the course certificate for your records so you can submit the CE for license renewal.
Texas LPC §681.147 (3) 40-Clock-Hour Supervisor Training Course three (3) clock-hours for defining and conceptualizing supervision and models of supervision; LPC 681.141 (d) A licensee holding the supervisor status must complete 6 hours of continuing education in supervision every 2 years.
Texas LMFT §801.143 (a)(1)(b) Supervisor Requirements a 40-hour continuing education course in clinical supervision§801.143 (h)(1) and §801.263 board-approved supervisor must complete at least 3 hours of clinical supervision continuing education each renewal period.
Kate Walker Training is a continuing education provider for licensed mental health providers in Texas. Always check with your licensing board before purchasing a course for CEUs.
The online training is currently available in English only. It is delivered via audible narration and visual text.
- Lectures 4
- Quizzes 1
- Duration You have 90 days to complete this course
- Skill level Advanced
- Language English
- Students 23
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Developmental Module and ACES Best Practices
- Developmental Model and ACES Best Practices: Module 1 Overview
- Developmental Models and ACES Best Practices Module 2: Four Developmental Models of Supervision
- Developmental Models and ACES Best Practices: Module 3
- Developmental Models and ACES Best Practices: Module 4 Working With Interns
- 20 Questions for Developmental Models and ACES Best Practices 2019