Welcome and Syllabus 1
Welcome to the course!
Module 1 2
Module 2 2
Module 3 2
Module 4 2
Module 5 2
Module 6 1
Certified Supervisor Instructor Course Introduction
I look forward to working with you over the next 90 days. This is an advanced post-graduate course designed to help you teach the 40 hour training to become a licensed counselor supervisor. Before you get started, let’s go over a few house keeping items.
This is a home-study course so please do the following before you begin the lessons:
- Post the PURCHASE date in your calendar. Now count 90 days from your purchase date. This will be your COMPLETION date. All assignments must be completed and approved by your instructor before this completion date. You are responsible for knowing this date as your instructor won’t remind you.
- Your instructor has 5 days to look over each assignment turned in to the firstname.lastname@example.org email. We recommend you turn in all assignments in at least 5 days before your completion date. Waiting on your instructor to approve an assignment is not a reason to extend the deadline.
- Read the syllabus in the next lesson and familiarize yourself with the readings and the assignments.
- Click through some You Tube videos about creating and uploading videos to familiarize yourself with the technology. You don’t have to use You Tube; just remember a 20 minute video is a big file so you will not be able to email it. Here are some explainer videos to get you started:
Bookmark these email addresses:
Email address to turn in assignments
You have some assignments you will turn in to be approved by an instructor. You will turn in all assignments to email@example.com
Email address for support
If you have questions, problems, or comments then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do NOT send assignments here as they may get lost in the shuffle.
Read through the FAQ
Q: I am licensed in another state. Can I take this course?
A: Of course! However you will need to check with your licensing board to see if they will accept this course for continuing education.
Q: It has been 89 days and I don’t think I’m going to finish in time! What happens if I don’t?
A: Email us at email@example.com
Q: I purchased the course and I realize now I just don’t have time. Can I get a refund?
A: Unfortunately no. The home study course is non-refundable because the material is considered to be ‘consumed’ as soon as you purchase it.
Q: It is day 89 and I just turned in five assignments. Will I get an extension if my instructor isn’t finished grading by tomorrow?
A: No. See number 2 above. If you feel like your instructor isn’t getting back to you in a timely fashion then let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s get started!
- Watch the short video above.
- Take a short no-fail exam to see what you know.
- Don’t forget to open syllabus and check out your assignments.
I look forward to working with you!
– Kate Walker Ph.D., LPC/LMFT Supervisor