2021 The Business of Supervision
2021 The Business of Supervision is an interactive program designed to help participants review well-established ethical practice guidelines, gain information about these well-established guidelines as they apply to supervising mental health trainees, and successfully demonstrate understanding by completing a business plan.
When you click ‘Buy this Course’ and complete your purchase, you will have immediate access to the course. Simply log in to your Kate Walker Training account and your course will appear in your profile.
Program Learning Objectives
The program content will:
- Cover foundational and well-established counseling practice ethical practices..
- Explore the application of well-established counseling business practices in mental health and supervision settings.
- Identify methods for evaluating clinical and supervision practice based on specific criteria.
- Offer information so participants can successfully create a business plan with the help of an interactive consultation.
Participants successfully completing this two-hour course will:
- Understand the basic principles and techniques of foundational and well-established counseling practice guidelines and ethics and their application in mental health and supervision practice settings.
- Differentiate between administrative and clinical supervision roles and duties.
- Know how to implement business strategies based on ethical practice guidelines, trainee development, and specific trainee needs.
- Complete a business plan and an optional consultation demonstrating confident application and understanding of foundational and well-established business practices and their application in mental health and supervision settings.
NBCC Program Content Requirements
Courses offered through Kate Walker Training LLC are rigorously reviewed and held to the highest standards:
- This program is directly and primarily about a topic related to the practice of professional counseling.
- Program information includes a clear statement of the program learning objectives requirement.
- This is an advanced course for licensed mental health providers and licensed mental health supervisors with a master’s or doctoral degree in counseling or related field.
- This program was designed Kate M. Walker, a licensed mental health professional with the necessary experience and knowledge in the topic(s) presented. Dr. Walker holds a Ph.D. in Counselor Education and she is a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Supervisor.
- We provide participants with a mechanism for evaluating our programs.
- We provide participants who successfully complete the program with a certificate displaying the licensee’s name, program title, date course was completed, the number of NBCC hours awarded (for applicable programs), the name and signature of the approved continuing education provider along with the NBCC ACEP number and contact information, including mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and website address.
- Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified.
- We keep all continuing education record of attendance on file for six years (or more) and records are available upon written request.
Continuing Education Information
This course provides three hours of continuing education in an interactive home study format. Home study course hours are calculated via written text (6000 words = one hour) and video (one hour = one hour).
2021 Theories of Counseling and Supervision certificate will indicate:
- NBCC Hours: 3
- Supervision CE Hours: 3
- Texas Ethics CE Hours: 3
Kate Walker Training LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP # 7040. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Kate Walker Ph.D., LPC-S, LMFT-S is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Kate Walker Training LLC provides continuing education for mental health providers. Always check with your licensing board before purchasing a course for professional continuing education.
- This online training is currently available in English only. It is delivered via audible narration and visual text.
- The terms ‘lesson,’ ‘lecture,’ and ‘module’ may be used interchangeably.
- The terms ‘supervisee,’ ‘trainee,’ and ‘intern,’ may be used interchangeably.
- This course must be completed 90 days from the date of purchase. Please carefully review our terms of purchase for electronic goods before you check out.
STATEMENT REGARDING COURSE RESOURCES
Kate Walker Training LLC charges a fee for online training. All of the resources used to design the course are listed within the course, along with the resource URL where available. You do NOT need to purchase the Kate Walker Training LLC course to access those resources. Kate Walker Training LLC will not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from accessing those resources, nor hinder anything the listed resources’ licenses permit.
Recommended Text and Resources:
Bernard, J. and Goodyear, R. (2015). The fundamentals of clinical supervision, 5thEdition. Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
Fall, M. and Sutton, J. (2004). Clinical supervision. A handbook for practitioners. Boston: Pearson Education, Inc.
Halbur, D., and Halbur, K. (2015). Developing Your Theoretical Orientation in Counseling, 3d Edition. North Dakota: North Dakota State University.
Haynes, R., Corey, G., and Mouton, P. (2010). Clinical supervision in the helping professions, 2ndEdition. Virginia: American Counseling Association.
Todd, T. and Storm, C. (2014). The complete systemic supervisor: Context, philosophy, and pragmatics, 2ndEdition. West Sussex: John Wiley and Sons, Ltd.
Walker, K. (2017). My next steps: Creating a counseling career you’ll love. Broken Arrow, OK: Camden House Books.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 3 CE Hours
- Skill level Advanced
- Language English
- Students 6
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Read this for some important info to navigate the course successfully.
If you are experiencing difficulties check here first.
2021 The Business of Supervision
Click the links and begin the course
Course Outro and Evaluation
Let us know how we did.