2020 Privacy and Security Training for Counselors and Staff
This course is *included in your Certified Counselor Supervisor Membership!
*Must be logged in to see discounts.
This Privacy and Security Training for Mental Health Professionals and Staff addresses the essential elements of maintaining the privacy and security of sensitive information and protected health information (PHI) within the workplace. This course includes:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Texas House Bill 300
- Texas Health and Safety Code Title 7 Chapter 611
When you click ‘Buy this Course’ and complete your purchase, you will have immediate access to the course.
This course is 2 CE Units Texas LPC/LMFT Texas Ethics, HIPAA, Texas House Bill 300, and Technology. When you successfully complete the course you will see your certificate for your records.
Kate Walker Training LLC provides continuing education for mental health providers. Always check with your licensing board before purchasing a course for CE documentation. Be prepared to present your certificate for your yearly CE requirements. Hours are calculated via written text (6000 words = one hour) and video (one hour = one hour).
- Explain Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (“HIPAA”) Privacy and Security Rules and Texas House Bill 300 Privacy and Security Rule
- Explore HIPAA identifiers that create protected health information (“PHI”)
- Introduce Texas Chapter 611 regarding the disclosure of PHI
- Help learners recognize situations in which confidential and protected health information can be mishandled
- Teach practical ways to protect the privacy and security of sensitive information, including PHI
By the end of this course you should be able to
- Understand the differences and similarities between HIPAA and Texas House Bill 300
- Prevent the mishandling of sensitive information
- Identify situations where sensitive information is being mishandled and take appropriate next steps to protect and report
- Understand the limits of confidentiality according to Texas Chapter 611 and understand appropriate next steps to protect and report
Worried about quality? Rest assured ALL of the courses offered through Kate Walker Training are rigorously reviewed and held to the highest standards. We ensure:
- All of our courses are related to the practice of professional counseling.
- All of our courses are delivered and/or designed by fully licensed individuals with the necessary experience and knowledge in the topic(s) presented.
- At the end of each course we provide participants with a mechanism for evaluating each continuing education activity.
- At our live courses we verify attendance.
- We provide participants with a letter or certificate of attendance displaying the licensee’s name, topic covered, date course was taken, and hours of credit earned.
- We keep your record of attendance on file for six years (or more).
Texas LPC 681.141 (d) A licensee holding the supervisor status must complete 6 hours of continuing education in supervision every 2 years. §681.141 (c) (1) at least four hours of continuing education in ethics, two of which must be directly related to Texas LPC ethics, each renewal period
Texas LMFT §801.143 (h)(1) and §801.263 board-approved supervisor must complete at least 3 hours of clinical supervision continuing education each renewal period. §801.58 (d) Technology-Assisted Services A therapist who uses technology-assisted services must maintain documentation of academic preparation and supervision in the use of technology-assisted services as part of the therapist’s academic program or the substantial equivalent provided through at least 15 hours of continuing education and 2 hours every subsequent renewal period. §801.263 (c) Requirements for Continuing Education All licensees are required to complete six hours of ethics each renewal period.
Kate Walker Training LLC provides continuing education for mental health providers. Always check with your licensing board before purchasing a course for CE documentation.
This course is currently available in English only. It is delivered via audible narration and visual text.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 CE
- Skill level Professional/Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 20
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Read this for some important info to navigate the course successfully.
You're probably all good here, but read it and click 'Complete' just to be sure!
Click the link and a new window will open with the course content.
Complete the following evaluation and receive your certificate of completion