2020 Supervision, Technology, and ACA Best Practices
This course is *included in your Certified Counselor Supervisor Membership!
*Must be logged in to see discounts.
2020 Supervision, Technology, and ACA Best Practices addresses the essential elements of counselor supervision, technology, and ACA best practices. This course includes information about:
- ACA Code of Ethics
- Texas Health and Safety Code Title 7 Chapter 611
When you click ‘Buy this Course’ and complete your purchase, you will have immediate access to the course.
3 CEs LPC/LMFT Supervision, Technology, and Texas Ethics
Continuing Education Information
If you need documentation for continuing education, you must complete all of the content including the quiz to download your certificate. Your quiz has unlimited attempts and it is not timed.
This course provides three hours of continuing education in a home study format. Home study course hours are calculated via written text (6000 words = one hour) and video (one hour = one hour).
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Training
- Texas LPC/LMFT Supervisor Continuing Education
- Provide a basic overview of the of the latest version (2014) of the ACA Code of Ethics regarding the use of technology in supervision.
- Review the key areas that define competent clinical supervision using technology.
- Create an awareness of ethical issues specific to supervising interns who are using technology with clients.
Target Audience of Course
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) and LPC Supervisors (LPC-S)
- Texas Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT) and LMFT Supervisors
- Other Mental Health Professionals (check your state licensing board for CEU credit)
This is an advanced course for licensed mental health providers and licensed mental health supervisors with a master’s or doctoral degree in counseling.
Participants completing this three-hour course will be able to:
- Understand the qualities that define ethical clinical supervision using technology.
- Understand how to choose and implement technology-based supervision interventions based on knowledge of the supervisee’s needs.
- Mitigate potential ethical issues related to interns utilizing technology with clients.
Rest assured ALL of the courses offered through Kate Walker Training are rigorously reviewed and held to the highest standards. We ensure:
- All of our courses are related to the practice of professional counseling.
- All of our courses are delivered and/or designed by fully licensed individuals with the necessary experience and knowledge in the topic(s) presented.
- At the end of each course we provide participants with a mechanism for evaluating each continuing education activity.
- At our live courses we verify attendance.
- We provide participants with a letter or certificate of attendance displaying the licensee’s name, topic covered, date course was taken, and hours of credit earned.
- We keep your record of attendance on file for six years (or more).
Texas LPC 681.141 (d) A licensee holding the supervisor status must complete 6 hours of continuing education in supervision every 2 years. §681.141 (c) (1) at least four hours of continuing education in ethics, two of which must be directly related to Texas LPC ethics, each renewal period
Texas LMFT §801.143 (h)(1) and §801.263 board-approved supervisor must complete at least 3 hours of clinical supervision continuing education each renewal period. §801.58 (d) Technology-Assisted Services A therapist who uses technology-assisted services must maintain documentation of academic preparation and supervision in the use of technology-assisted services as part of the therapist’s academic program or the substantial equivalent provided through at least 15 hours of continuing education and 2 hours every subsequent renewal period. §801.263 (c) Requirements for Continuing Education All licensees are required to complete six hours of ethics each renewal period.
Kate Walker Training LLC provides continuing education for mental health providers. Always check with your licensing board before purchasing a course for CE documentation.
The online training is currently available in English only. It is delivered via audible narration and visual text.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 CE
- Skill level Advanced
- Language English
- Students 22
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Read this for some important info to navigate the course successfully.
You're probably all good here, but read it and click 'Complete' just to be sure!
Click the link and a new window will open with the course content.