Clinical Supervision: An Overview
2 ONLINE CE CREDITS/HOURS FOR SUPERVISION
- Provide a basic overview of clinical supervision.
- Provide specific information on the “getting started” phase of supervision.
- Review the Developmental Model and how to use it with supervisees.
- Create an awareness of ethical issues specific to supervision.
Target Audience of Course
- Texas Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) and LPC Supervisors (LPC-S)
- Texas Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT) and LMFT Supervisors
- Other Mental Health Professionals (check your state licensing board for CEU credit).
This course satisfies the continuing education requirements of:
- Texas State Licensing Board of Professional Counselors for LPC
- The Texas State Licensing Board of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Check here for a list of states and licenses where Kate Walker Training is a continuing education provider.
- Always check with your licensing board before purchasing a course for CEUs.
This is an advanced course for licensed mental health providers and licensed mental health supervisors with a master’s or doctoral degree in counseling.
Participants completing this 2 hour course will be able to:
- Understand the qualities that define clinical supervision.
- Differentiate between clinical supervision and other activities like counseling and administrative supervision.
- Understand how to choose and implement counseling interventions based on knowledge of the supervisee’s developmental stage.
Required Content for Exam
Take FREE Exam
If you passed the exam with 80% or above you are eligible to purchase a CEU certificate in our Online Store. It takes about 24 hours to verify your exam results and payment information, so all CEU certificates are distributed Mondays after 12:00 PM CST. Participants who submit payment after 12:00 PM Monday CST will receive their CEU certificates the following Monday.