Keep on Growing: Why an Excellent Supervisor Refresher Course Matters
Email 1 (counselor): Do counselor supervisors need continuing education?
Email 2 (me): Yep
Email 3 (counselor): Will your Supervisor Refresher Course count for supervisor continuing education?
Email 4 (me): Yep
Email 5 (counselor): Do I have to travel to take it?
Email 6 (me): Nope. You can actually attend our live class virtually.
Two email exchanges later and this counselor had signed up for an amazing LPC/LMFT Supervisor Refresher Course for his continuing education.
Most states require continuing education for mental health providers holding the supervisor designation. The problem? Good ones are hard to find. Face to face supervisor refresher courses are held infrequently and usually require travel. Online courses can be sketchy at best, or contain out of date information, errors, and broken links to malfunctioning exams.
An excellent Supervisor Refresher Course will help you:
- Understand the most recent law changes and professional organizations’ codes of ethics
- Develop a solid remediation plan for difficult supervisees that will enhance their development and protect your license
- Implement supervision interventions through a theory driven model
- Work with any supervisee regardless of his or her level of skill development.
- Utilize interventions and relationship dynamics to help guide supervisees towards a goal.
- Engage supervisees in their own learning, career development, and professional identify development.
- Feel confident and have fun supervising!
At Kate Walker Training we offer our Supervisor Refresher Courses four times each year. Each course is divided into modules:
- Module 1: Conceptualizing supervision, supervisor roles and responsibilities, supervision methods and techniques including group supervision
- Module 2: Roles for supervision and standards of practice and organizing the supervision experience/executive and administrative tasks including plan, contract, time for supervision, record keeping, and reporting
- Module 3: Authorized counseling methods and practice and experience requirements for internship: LPC and LMFT Codes/Ethics side by side
- Module 4: Standards of practice managing critical incidents in supervision, ethical decision making model, ethical dilemmas and legal Issues
- Module 5: Multicultural Competencies and Ethics, Evaluation in Supervision
The best part about our Supervision Refresher Courses?
They are packed full of information for non-supervisors too! Our Module 3 Side by Side is one of our most popular courses because we go over the most up-to-date information that all counselors need to know.
Signing up for a refresher course is easy
Step 2 – Click the ‘Register’ button
Step 3 – Check the boxes for the modules you’d like to attend.
Whether you are a counselor supervisor or not, if you feel a calling to help even more people and you are ready to become an even greater asset to your profession and your community, then the Supervisor Refresher Course is for you. It’s intended to be fun and engaging but also stimulating and in-depth.